Mile High Eye Institute examines and treats ‘red eyes’ of all different varieties. It’s important to note that not all eye infections result from bacteria and consequently, antibiotic eye drops or over-the-counter remedies may not be the solution to your eye problem.
Causes for a ‘red eye’:
- Virus (most common cause)
- Dry eye
- Contact lens induced
- Corneal abrasion
- Thyroid related
- Chemical burn
It is important to contact your doctor immediately if you notice any eye pain, redness, decreased vision, discharge from the eye, or excessive tearing. If you are a contact lens wearer and experience any of these symptoms, it is critical to remove your contact lenses immediately until you see your doctor.
Services at MHEI for eye infections:
- Culture: We can identify the etiology of your red eye and prescribe eye drops that specifically target the exact cause of your condition which results in a quicker and optimal recovery.
- Network: MHEI works closely with world class doctors in all areas of healthcare in the Denver metro area to ensure that all of our patients who have an eye infection related to a systemic issue are managed thoroughly and appropriately.
- Access: MHEI has working relationships with compounding and specialized pharmacies all over the world. No matter how rare or severe the eye infection, we have access to a medication that will treat you. From California to England, we have access to the most advanced medications in the world.
- Expertise: The doctors at MHEI have the training and experience required to treat the most severe and rare eye infections known.
- Technology: In some cases, an eye infection or red eye can lead to scarring and permanent vision loss. MHEI has technology at its disposal, such as the amniotic membrane transplant, to eliminate or minimize corneal scarring, therefore restoring and sustaining good vision and ocular function.